Friday, October 18, 2013

7 Quick takes

Joining Jen once again for 7 Quick takes.

1. It seems like I am always a day late, a dollar short but my excuse is it has been a rough week for me. I hope to get up to speed with life soon. 

2. This week has brought the question of the wood chuck:






How much wood could a woodchuck chuck
If a woodchuck could chuck wood?
As much wood as a woodchuck could chuck,
If a woodchuck could chuck wood.

We did figure out the answer thanks to the help we received from Tacoma Fire log who went out of their way to be helpful. The plus side of using the Tacoma Fire log besides being all natural and clean burning is that we do not have to season any firewood or chop kindling which our joints are thank us very much for plus it is super easy to light. Hello Winter bring it on. 

3. Speaking of firewood, I wanted to give a shout out to Baron Heating for excellent customer service. I had called 5 other stores who carry wood stoves, not one returned my call. Baron when out their way to help us and to be honest we were kind of needy not knowing exactly what we needed.  They answered all of our questions, and they let us know it was something that we could install ourselves. How awesome is that?

4. Since this week,has been mostly spent on the couch, we have gotten in quite a bit of tv viewing time in.  Too Cute has been are go to show.  I am not quite sure how many times one can say, "Aw" in an hour.

5. Another big discovery this week is apparently I have PTSD.


I specifically have Mickey Fun Wheel flashbacks. Let me explain to you about Mickey's Fun Wheel. First off Disney lies! Yes, it has a giant picture of Mickey on it. Yes, it is a wheel. BUT it is not fun. First off, they put you in a cage with no seat belts, no handles to hang onto, but you are thinking no problem, it is a safer version of a Ferris wheel. HA! So as the wheel goes around in a sedate circle, your cage moves from the inside of the wheel to the outside of the wheel. Whip and rock and rolling like no tomorrow. Mickey is no dummy, there is a reason they put motion sickness bags in the cage with you. I thought Mickey's Fun Wheel was something from my distant past. Guess again, as I was experience the severe side effects from my Remicade, I was trying to go to my happy place. Of course the only image coming to my mind, was in my nightmares Mickey's Fun Wheel which was adding to my nausea. Thanks Mickey. 

6. To the lady at the grocery store that gave my family that look, you know, your family is crazy look. It might be true that we are crazy, but we do have fun. Besides, it was a very educational conversation/debate. In zombie Apocalypse where in our town would be the best place to run/hide/gather supplies at. Two of my children were arguing and advocating that we run and hide here:


7. Have a blessed week!


No comments: