Friday, August 29, 2014

7 Quick Takes


Once again I am joining  Jen for 7 Quick Takes

1. I am still suppose to be recovering from my surgery, so not a lot happening around here. I find it incredible hard to do nothing. To be honest, I have yet to accomplish a blocks of time of doing nothing which for me is quite hard to do. The whole sit, be still ignore the mess in the kitchen thing is beyond me. I cannot relax knowing there are things to get done.  But guess what? I have this built in meter. My arm/elbow/hand  will hurt like you know what. Because I am a slow learner, I will go, why is my arm/elbow/hand hurting? Gosh I do not know, was it because you were using it?

2. I debated for a good two hours last Friday on if I should send a teenage son over to the Farmer's Market to buy fresh flowers for the house. I was up in the air if it was an event that would scar one of them for the rest of their lives. Too be fair to me, it was not like I was asking them to go buy a box of tampons. I decided against it more because M&M would want to go with one of them to actually pick out the flowers and life just got a lot more complicated. So we had a house devoid of pretty life. We are the hospice or funeral home for house plants.  We have no house plants because our house is where house plants come to die. Heck, I cannot even get the basil from Trader Joe's to survive the night in my house any more. 

3. My friend Lisa came over for a visit and guess what she brought?


So apparently there is no need for me to save extra money for the boys' therapy when they get older. 

4. I am very excited about today's weather:


5. I have been promised by the weather forecasters 5 days of this:


6. They better keep their word! I am sick of this:


7. I am so ready for Fall my favorite season of the 4. I am so ready for the crunch of leaves under foot. The coolness outside, flannel, fleece and long sleeves. The smell of pumpkin spice. Hot drinks on cold nights warming up by the fire. This summer is just dragging with the scorching heat. I have said it once, I have said it 1,000 times, I LIVE IN THE PACIFIC NORTHWEST FOR A REASON AND IT IS NOT BECAUSE OF THE SUN/HEAT.







No comments: