Saturday, September 6, 2014

7 Quick Takes


1. Why yes I do realize now that it is actually Saturday not Friday, sometimes I am a little slow. It is life deal with it.

2.  It has been a glorious day in my book.  A picture of the men folk in the family cleaning the blinds and washing windows. It makes me want to sing hallelujah at the top of my lungs. They had quite an operation going and less then two hours they got all the blinds and windows cleaned. 


3. Everyone in the family is having a riot touching my pliers. 'Look at me Mom" as the 15 year old is touching the pliers is shouted every few minutes in our household. We are just a riot at my house.  My father got me a special pair with a very fine pointed pliers for my birthday. I have announced several times over that I will have their head on a platter if they touch said pliers (they will ruin the point). No, it is not weird that I am keeping the pliers in the safe. 


4. It has been one of those frustrating weeks. If I will my arm, hand, fingers to work then by my shear stubbornness it should work. I am sure there is some law or principal that says exactly that. Well that is my theory anyway, so if they are looking for a name, The Heidi Barrett Theory will work.  Of course the whole will it to work has not been working out to well for me, Use the force Luke has been going through my head. It has become obvious that I am not and I emphasis the not a Jedi Warrior. Why yes, my soul might have been crushed.  I am sick and tired of the pain and dropping things, not being able to open the doors, etc. I deliberately set myself up because it sounds like so much darn fun. Today, I had a pile about 3 feet high for the recycle bin in the garage. I knew there was no way I was going to make it with opening the garage door. BE DAMNED was my war cry. Yep, you guessed it right. The pile went flying every which way. Where is my Obi Wan Kenobi when I need him? Oh ya something about Disney buying him out. WHY! WHY! WHY!





5. Can someone please tell me why retail stores think we are a bunch of idiots? Twice this week, a retail store had advertised a great price on something only to have inflated the original asking price. Payless Shoes being one of those stores. They are having a 50% off bogo sale. I do not buy a lot of things at Payless shoes as their shoes tend to run on the cheaply made side of things, I do get M&M her summer sandals and her black Mary Janes at Payless Shoes. I cruised the website only to notice that shoes that were $10 last week were now selling for $24.99. Are you kidding me? Plastic flip flops that sale for at Old Navy for $1.00, was prices at $14.00 at Payless Shoes.  I then was emailed an additional 15% off to use with the bogo. Payless shoes must have heard my screams of "are you kidding me"? We went in person so I could do some stealth shopping. I was able to get what we needed for this year and next. We saved $3.00 a pair not a huge score but M&M did need the one pair in the next couple of weeks, so I doubt I was going to get it at a better price.  

6. We headed to Staples to pick up a ream of paper for $3.00. What I had not noticed that it was a mail in rebate. The paper that I normally get, the price had been jacked up to $11.99. Yes, watch my eyes bug out. I am not going down that road of waiting on the rebate. So we headed a cross the street to QFC to pick up their excellent sale of .99 cent Skippy Natural Peanut  Butter (the only peanut butter that a certain child in this house will eat). A quick trip to the back to school aisle and picked up the same ream of paper that had been across the street at Staples for $11.99 and instead paid $3.49.

7. We celebrated the last days of warm weather by spending the afternoon/early evening in the park. I am hoping that the weather does read my blog because I would like to emphasize that we celebrated the last days of warm weather, hint, hint hint. I had been putting off reading a book and had checked it out already two or three times for the library. I started and finished the book in the park. After thinking it over some, I realized I kept on getting "better"" reads in and that is why the book kept on getting pushed to the read later pile. I need to stop doing that. 




No comments: